ALIGN Agency Leadership Development Bursary
The ALIGN Leadership Bursary program is offering agencies a bursary up to $5,000.00 towards Agency Leadership Development. We will choose on a first come first serve bases and can offer up to $5,000.00 per agency.
• You don’t have to be members
• Agency to send a short (no more than 2 pages) outline of their plan including the cost, and goals that you intend to achieve.
• When activities are complete report back as to how many people in your agency received the training and how it met your goals Process:
•Fill in the Bursary Application and attach your proposal
• Send that to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• You will receive a response back to your request within 2 weeks of receiving the request
ALIGN Leadership Bursary for Non-Accredited Programs
The purpose of the Leadership Bursary is to foster future leadership capacity by enabling senior organizational leaders to participate in formal education
and professional development programs that enhance their ability to lead their organization and the field. The focus will be to develop or enhance leadership
skills and innovation in service delivery and development, human resource management, organizational excellence and fiscal management. Tuition costs for
non-accredited programs are a max. $5,000 and do not cover travel costs. This bursary can be granted throughout the year. This can be a course, workshop, conference etc. but must be leadership focused. The application form must be filled in and signed and then we need the course outline and costs but not all the other information as per the leadership bursary above.
The purpose of the Leadership Bursary is to foster future leadership capacity by enabling senior organizational leaders to participate in formal education and professional development programs that enhance their ability to lead their organization and the field. The focus will be to develop or enhance leadership skills and innovation in service delivery and development, human resource management, organizational excellence and fiscal management.
For all bursaries, applicants must:
– Currently work as a senior staff member in a supervisory leadership role
– Work in a Non-Government Organization (NGO) whose primary responsibility is
to serve clients through the service delivery system
– Have worked in this organization a minimum of one year
– Be employed by an organization/agency that is contracted to provide services
in the Human Services Sector by the government of Alberta through Alberta
Children & Youth Support Services or Disability Supports.
– Have submitted the bursary application before starting a program or course of
study along with provisional acceptance. Final approval to be provided upon
receipt of confirmation of acceptance into selected course of studies
– Demonstrate a prior interest in undertaking credentialed or professional
– Complete the attached application form
– Have contracted funding from the Government of Alberta through Alberta
Children & Youth Support Services, Disability Supports.
– Be responsible for providing services to clients of the above programs through
their service delivery system.
The institution program or course must:
– Be an accredited learning institution
– Provide professional leadership training that will enhance the candidate’s ability
to plan, lead, organize or direct resources
– Be focused on leadership not practice
Eligibility Limitations and General Information for all applicants:
– The committee will strive to ensure the equitable distribution of bursary dollars
that allows for inclusivity, while addressing the high demand and specific needs
of organizations and regions
– Proof of completion and/or attendance of previous semester is required prior to
the payments being made for the next term or level of education
– Where possible, tuition costs will be paid directly to the educational institute with
other eligible costs reimbursed to the candidate or organization upon receipt of
proof of payment
– Maximum amount per bursary (Type 1) will be $10,000.00 per fiscal reporting
period (July 1 to June 30), per person, and per organization to a maximum of
$20,000.00 over 2 years.
– Only one employee per organization will be considered on any given Bursary
selection round. Additional applications from organizations that have offices in a
number of regions may be considered.
-If the funding exists to support the training requests of all applicants who meet
the basic application criteria i.e. both the applicant and Executive Director, CEO
or Board President have provided a personal letter, organizational requirements
are met; an organization chart or equivalent is provided, and the type of training
requested meets criteria for eligibility, bursaries will be allocated without the
requirement for a further detailed analysis of the overall applications
– If the eligible bursary requests exceed the available bursary allotments, further
Those eligible for bursaries provided by Family and Community Support Services, The.
Only one employee per organization per region will qualify on any given Bursary round.
A selection committee will meet twice yearly to review applications and to select
successful candidates. All applicants will be informed of the committee’s decision.